Payroll and Labor
Our firm provides companies of different sizes with Payroll and Labor services. The calculation of wages and social security taxes comprises:
- Calculation of staff’s wages and salaries (salaries, wages, fortnightly pays, commissions, year-end bonuses, holiday pay, severance, etc.) and of applicable social security taxes. Plus, the preparation of the corresponding payment receipts and forms.
- Calculation of Personal Income Tax (IRPF), withholding amounts, processing of payments and the calculation of annual adjustment of the tax.
- Preparation of forms for the registration and de-registration with FONASA, in the event of staff admissions and severances.
- Reporting at FONASA due to illnesses, at the Family Benefit Fund, etc.; communication of absences and any other labor-related document that is necessary.
- Preparation of the necessary documents for unemployment insurance, industrial accidents insurance, etc.
- Obtaining of certificates proving that the company is up to date with the payments at the Social Security Administration.
- Support at inspections carried out by the Social Security Administration.
- Sending of information to banks for the purposes of crediting salaries.
- Management of food vouchers administration.
Our firm also provides advice on the regulations issued by the Ministry of Labor:
- Obtaining and updating of all the labor documentation required to comply with current regulation.
- Continuous updating of staff movements, timetables, salaries and wages.
- Support at inspections by the Ministry of Labor.
Advice on regulation issued by the “Banco de Seguros del Estado” (State Insurance Company, which handles labor-related insurance):
- Contracting and renewing insurance on employment-related accidents or illnesses.
- Sending of updated information to the insurer, in order to have an updated policy.
- Processing accident insurance claims.
- Obtaining the certificate which proves that there are no outstanding tax liabilities with the insurer.
- Support at inspections by the insurer.
Control of employees from outsourced companies:
Whenever the company hires staff from outsourced companies, the necessary controls and support is provided, to minimize the liabilities that the outsourcing regulation establishes.
Andersen is the Uruguayan member firm of Andersen Global®, an international association of member firms comprised of tax and legal professionals worldwide.