Juan Federico Fischer is the Office Managing Partner of Andersen in
Uruguay and a member of Andersen’s Global Board.
Juan Federico has over 25 years of experience in corporate legal advice, assisting multinationals and high net worth individuals investing or engaging in cross-boarder deals in Uruguay. He works with clients from the United States, Europe, Asia and Latin America, on matters such as:
- Acquisition of local companies by multinationals
- Structuring investments in agribusiness
- International tenders in privatizations and 3P structures
- Set-up of local franchise operations for global brands
- Development of commercial and residential real estate investments
Deals led by Juan Federico include:
- The sale of Uruguay’s leading beef producing company (British-owned) to one of the top global Japanese food companies
- The project finance structuring of the first Uruguay airport privatization
- The negotiation and set up of major global retail brand operations
- The negotiation, land acquisition, structuring and set up of operations for international agribusiness, timber and mining ventures.
Juan Federico lived in the United States for 12 years, is fluent in
Spanish, English and French, and is active in the U.S., Japanese and
British Chambers of Commerce in Uruguay. He has been recognized as
a leading advisor by Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 and is a
regular speaker at international conferences on foreign investment in
Uruguay, as well as a reference for global publications, including The
Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, The Financial Times and The New York
Times, who regularly interview him
He serves on several corporate boards and on the board of Sembrando, an organization devoted to assisting young entrepreneurs in Uruguay.