María Cecilia Ricciardi is a Partner at Andersen in Uruguay.
She specializes in advising local and foreign clients on tax, finance and
accounting topics, cross-border transactions, international tax structures
and setting up of operations in Uruguay.
María Cecilia has over 15 years of experience in corporate and tax advice. She works with clients from the United States, Europe, Japan and Latin America, on matters such as:
- Incorporation of companies in Uruguay
- Advice on Tax Free Zone structures and offshore activities
- Acquisition of local companies by multinationals
- Advice on farmland investing in Uruguay - tax aspects
- Set-up of local franchise operations for global brands
Maria Cecilia was one of the founders of Solution Alliance, a tax and
accountancy firm, in 2007. Solution Alliance became a member firm of
Andersen Global when it adopted the name Andersen in
2018. Before Solution Alliance, María Cecilia worked at Guyer & Regules
and at Gap Consultores.
Important deals that María Cecilia has advised on include:
- The sale of Uruguay’s leading beef producing company (British- owned) to one of the top global Japanese food companies
- Advice on the merging of a major supermarket chain of Uruguay
- Advice on the capitalization of duty-free stores in Uruguay, in legal as well as tax matters
- Tax advice on the incorporation of a second holding for the biggest seed technology developer in the Mercosur (South American trade bloc)