Juan Ignacio Troccoli is a Partner of Andersen in Uruguay. He
manages the Tax and Accounting Department of the firm.
He specializes in advising local and foreign clients on fiscal, finance and accounting topics, cross border transactions, transfer pricing, due diligence processes, M&A, international tax structures and setting up operations within Uruguay to serve worldwide clients. Juan Ignacio also advises several multilateral institutions such as the World Bank Group and the National Industrial Chamber in Uruguay
Juan Ignacio co-founded Solution Alliance, a tax and accounting firm, in 2007. Previously, he worked in Guyer & Regules and at GAP Consultores.
He has participated as a speaker at venues such as the Offshore Investment Conference, tax conferences organized by the Uruguayan Tax Administration, and the Society of Trust and Estate Practicioners.
He regularly publishes articles related to tax topics in the Offshore Investment Magazine; the Observador Newspaper (Uruguay); Portfolio Magazine, and Revista del Instituto Uruguayo de Estudios Tributarios (IUET).
Some important deals that Juan Ignacio has advised clients in include:
- The sale of Uruguay’s leading beef producing company (British-owned) to one of the top global Japanese food companies.
- Start-up of a listed public Japanese company on their agriculture and industrial business in Uruguay
- Advice on the merging of the major supermarket chain of Uruguay
- Advising a Spanish construction company on the public offering for the major rail construction investment in Uruguay
- Advising and implementation of the holding entity for the LatAm operation of a public U.S. technology company (Fortune 500)
- Advising main Spanish telecommunications on LatAm operation from Uruguay